sábado, 16 de noviembre de 2013

My name

I was named Gabriela after the main character of a book my dad read while mum was pregnant.

I was named Gabriela after nobody they had ever met.

I was named Gabriela after a wish, after a projection, after an idea of what my father wanted me to be like.
Was I named randomly? Did it happen just by chance? Don’t think so…

Gabriela sounds to me like the sharp waving of a sword ripping the air, sounds like “here I am”, sounds like clouds opening and light brightening up the dark room.

Gabriela sound unique, sounds like a 40’s jazz song sung by Ella Fitzerald… What a coincidence! Ella, ella… Ela.

I was nicknamed Ela by my newborn sister, when she couldn’t put those weird letters all together. And then it happened: Ela is even softer, even sharper, even brighter… even more unique.

I was named Gabriela after the main character of a book my dad read while mum was pregnant.


Gabriela sounds so right to my soul, that I reckon I must have whispered: “Gabriela is this soul’s name” while being inside my mum… and my dad could hear my whisper through a kiss… Gabriela…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario